Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Connaught Luxury Shaving Cream - Peppermint




I wrote this review today for The Shaving Room forum.


This came as a sample.

Do you ever do something so delightful you just don't want to stop?
Such was my first experience with this shaving cream.

Using my silvertip Kent BK8 I worked a decent dollop into the tips of the brush and face lathered. A plentiful supply of nice creamy lather emerged sufficient for my usual three passes. I was soon conscious of two things - a really cold menthol blast similar to but better than Proraso and without the smell. And, the most delightfully rich scent of peppermint. Scrumptious! I so, so, enjoyed this. I tried to prolong each pass. It was so good.
I was actually in a bit of a hurry today so I skipped my alum and after rinsing just applied a DR Harris milk moisturiser. My skin afterwards was soft and completely comfortable. I make it the 19th cream or soap I have so far tried and it is right up with the best. The combination of the menthol and peppermint is irresistible.

Within the hour I placed an order for a 100ml pot.

This is not cheap. The 100ml pot is £8.90 plus £2.05 postage.

This is made by Belgrovia Scents Ltd. In England.

The ingredients:

Aqua, Stearic acid,Coconut oil,Potassium hydroxide,Glycerol, sodium hydroxide, Menthyl paraben, Propyl parabens,mentha piperita essential oil.





No comments:

Post a Comment