Monday, November 22, 2010

New Forest Brushes -Looking ahead

I have had a fantastic reaction to my first two brushes. I have just posted details on some shaving forums and my blog. Feedback has done the rest. I'm not doing any other marketing.
My next brush, the New Forest High Mountain Badger 2221 completes the first phase of my venture. It will be released in January. At £45 shipped worldwide, it will be simply the best value high quality brush money can buy. To match this quality hair with a Plisson High Mountain White of the same knot size would cost over £200. The hair is more expensive because of it's rarity but as far as I'm concerned I'm not interested in a policy of charging what the market might bear. I'm continuing to provide top quality brushes to enthusiasts at a price that many more can afford. Here's the prototype I have been using for a few weeks:

New Forest High Mountain Badger 2221



Two new developments will now proceed. I have bought a batch of two band and Finest Silvertip knots. And a small stock of imitation ivory, alpalina and imitation ebony. This will enable me to experiment with some new handle shapes for a few brushes I will have made in the New Forest.

And in the spring of 2011, I will be introducing a small number of new brushes in a 24 mm knot size using this handle shape:


I plan to keep New Forest brushes as a small manageable one man business. I have declined offers from on line retailers to sell my brushes. That would push up my prices and increase the scale of activity beyond my comfort zone. I have no wish to be a threat to other brands and brush makers. I hope I can encourage enthusiasts to enjoy the fun of collecting more brushes. In that way, everyone benefits!

2 comments:

  1. hello- i am enjoying my new forest 2211 very much- it is my most often used brush. i have also purchased a frank shaving brush with a similar style handle and i think i prefer this type. i eagerly await this brush next spring! also, maybe just increasing the dimensions a little to add some variety, imho. thanks!
    -jason

    ReplyDelete