Tuesday, November 16, 2010

New Forest 2203 Superior Badger 2 band



My next New Forest brush, to be released in January, will be my first High Mountain grade brush, the 2221.

The pictures above are of the brush likely to be released next March. It will be a fan shape version of the New Forest 2201. I am in a real quandary about the loft. The knot will be 22 mm. The brushes in the photo are both set with a loft of 50 mm. The used one on the right has been tested by me over several weeks now. I'm soon due to receive samples set at a loft of 46 mm. This is likely to be popular among soap using face latherers who like a good backbone. But I do wonder about whether or not the brush would be better with a slightly higher loft. At 50 mm it feels soft and luxurious and has a backbone greater than most silvertips. I'll probably end up deciding between 46/47 or 48 mm.

I do fuss over my specs. That's what makes it so satisfying when you get excellent reviews for the choices you make.

I shall ponder on.

No comments:

Post a Comment