Friday, December 9, 2011

Brush re knottting



This is a very old brush. I call it my Barny badger. It has very a short loft - 38mm, and it's not comfortable to use. One of the New Forest brushes I'm planning to make next year is a short lofted fan shape two band with a 20mm knot. I thought one of these knots would look good in this little brush handle and enable me to test how good it would be with a loft of 45mm. I'm not a natural handyman but I thought I'd give it a go. With a pair of scissors, a penknife and a drill, I managed to remove the old knot. The diameter of the hole was 22mm - just right to set the 20mm knot comfortably in it to a depth allowing the loft to be set at 45mm.

I'm delighted with the result.



I didn't try to repolish or restore the handle. The colour difference is due to different lighting! I plan to use the brush this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment