Monday, January 30, 2012

Enchante online



Someone asked me recently if I had tried any of the products available at Enchante online. I confess I haven't. The UK has very low limits on the value of items that can be imported from outside the European Union without the addition of customs and other charges. Combine that with the cost of shipping and you can understand why Brits are reluctant to stray far in their buying habits.

With a daughter in Texas who I visit regularly, I will look closely at what Charles Roberts has to offer at Enchante. She's always on the look out for gifts to send me!

4 comments:

  1. I have often wondered about these products, like you import tax makes them seem to expensive to take the risk over products we already know work

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been to Enchante several times. It is a small store but lots of interesting things there. They carry some of the old-line British shaving creams (Trumpers, DR Harris) plus their own "Hydrolast" line. The aftershave skin conditioner is probably the best I've tried.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also don't like paying high shipping charges. Including insurance, tracking and a signed for service makes some charges prohibitive. I use the simplest and cheapest postal service for my brushes. I in effect carry my own insurance risk. I have rarely had an item go missing and most arrive in a reasonable time. So my customers and I both benefit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Mark. When I'm in Texas this November, I'll be able to make sure at least something from Enchante is at the Dallas home I will be visiting on my arrival. Looks like the skin conditioner should be on the list.

    ReplyDelete