Sunday, July 10, 2011

Straight razor shaving



I gave it my best, but it is not for me. I did a lot of research, bought all the gear, studied forums, books and videos and gave it a trial. I did eventually have some satisfactory shaves and I can fully understand the enthusiasm for this type of traditional shaving. For me, it was a step too far. I already take a lot longer over shaving doing my three pass plus a tidy up ritual with a DE razor. The additional preparation, cleaning and maintaining the straight razor, plus the messiness compared with DE shaving started to make it more of a chore than a pleasure.

So now my razors and strop and other bits and pieces lie dormant until I decide to pass them on. I'm really pleased I made the effort - it made me appreciate the pleasure it must give others but also confirmed my own preferred shaving method.

No comments:

Post a Comment