Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Kent real ivory shaving brush


Well I finally got round to using the brush - made in 1919 but not used since re knotting in the 70s. Four shaves with it so far. Two with Palmolive soap and two with creams - Coates and Arlington. The brush has a 22mm knot with a loft of 53mm. The fan shape means the brush splays quite a lot when lathering with circular motions so I settled for mostly using swift but light to and fro painting motions, something I'm tending to do with most of my brushes. A bit floppy, but really not much as there is still a decent enough backbone. Tips are soft silvertip with no scritchiness dry or wet. The brush holds a lot of water and produced more than enough lather very effectively. The density was just right to ensure very satisfactory release of lather. All in all, a luxurious shaving experience. I'm pleased I used it and I will continue to do so from time to time.







No comments:

Post a Comment