Sunday, October 17, 2010

Back to basics - creams or soaps?

There's something very satisfying about lathering with soaps. Some are quite a challenge, and if you lather on the puck then directly on to your face the whole thing can get messy and be a bit of hit and miss. Sometimes I swirl awhile on the puck then continue in a bowl - then there's even more washing up! But results can be exceptional.

Creams are different. Much easier to work with and I get more consistent results. Sometimes I wonder why I bother with soaps at all.

Then after a few days with creams, I fancy another session with soaps.

So it goes on!

Variety is the spice of life I guess.

And I do have a lot of stuff to use up.


Truefitt & Hill Rose cream
Trumpers Coconut cream
TOBS Mr Taylor cream
Castle Forbes Lavender cream
Coates Sandalwood cream
Coates Limes cream
Coates Almond Cream
DR Harris Rose cream
Body Shop Maca Root cream
James Bronley cream


Yardleys soap
Tabac soap
L'Occitane Cade soap
Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna soap
Crabtree & Evelyn Sandalwood soap
Mitchell's Wool Fat soap
Nanny's Lavender soap
Proraso soft soap
Martin de Candre soap
Art of Shaving Sandalwood soap
DR Harris Marlborough soap
DR Harris Arlington soap
Trumpers Rose soap
Palmolive (stick)

No comments:

Post a Comment